Monday, July 4, 2011

Not many tickets left for RWC 2011 - yeah right!

Well it seems that as of today (Monday 4 July) there are still around 450,000 tickets left for the Rugby World Cup 2011 here in New Zealand.

This does not surprise me really. The tickets are over priced and a complicated ballot system doesn't help matters. It also doesn't help that the RWC organisers are coming down hard on even primary schools trying to make a little cash out of the RWC.

I know from my experiences, that the RWC people are very pedantic on what you show on your own website. I tried to promote official RWC rugby gear through an affiliate scheme, but in the end I canned the idea as they wanted far too much control on how I displayed their products - go figure.

I hope the RWC is a success - don't get me wrong. But they seem to be going about it all wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment